IRS Rates Better Than Airlines
I just read a fascinating article posted by Tom Barlow. The headline read: IRS rated better for customer service than airlines. This is confirmed by the first quarter 2007 study conducted by the
I smiled. Even chuckled. This struck me as funny. I think of the IRS as the tax collector. I’ve always tried to believe myself that paying taxes is should be a happy event. The more I pay, the more I made. Still, I hate paying taxes. And, the few encounters I’ve had with the IRS and their auditors weren’t what I would call fun. Still, these people treated me with dignity and respect. They were, after all, just doing their job.
The airlines on the other hand… Don’t get me started. The Miami Herald posted an article on May 14, 2007 that the major airlines were elevating customer service. I’m from
Still, the airlines have a long way to go to get back to where they were in their glory days. Due to the poor service, people have come to expect very little from the airlines. Their efforts will go unnoticed until they are consistent, and not sporadic.
So, until the airlines ascend to the new heights they hope to reach, they will have to live with the fact the American Customer Satisfaction Survey by the University of Michigan has them lagging behind the IRS.
Shep Hyken, CSP is a professional speaker and author who works with companies who want to develop loyal relationships with their customers and employees. For more information on Shep's speaking programs, books, tapes and learning programs please contact (314) 692-2200. Email: shep@hyken.com – Web: www.hyken.com – Click here for information on The Customer Focus™ customer service training programs (www.TheCustomerFocus.com).

1 comment:
I would think the airlines customers are upset because their travel plans are effected poorly. The IRS customers (i.e. all US citizens) really want nothing to do with the IRS. Therefore the airline customers are going to have more to complain about.
Post a Comment